Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is full of adventure and combat, but another key element of this game is the abundance of puzzles. Many chapters of the game feature a semi-hard puzzle that must be completed right, otherwise, Nathan Drake will die.
One such puzzle is the one in Chapter 9: For Those Who Prove Worthy. The puzzle consists of a few wheels with crosses on them. You must rotate the wheels until the crosses form a specific order and then pull a level inside a wall.
If you fail to put the crosses in the proper order, you guessed it, you will die.
Here’s how to complete the Cross puzzle in Chapter 9, step-by-step.
First of all, you need to play Chapter 9 until you reach the puzzle room. You don’t need to do anything else until that point, so waltz straight there.
- Go to the door and take the skeleton’s hand from the switch in the wall. The puzzle will now activate.
- The crosses wheel will now rotate and a bucket will now be available inside the wheel.
- Take the bucket and fill it with water. There’s a water source to the left of the door.
- Once you pass the bucket to Sam, climb back up and start to rotate the wheel.
There are 3 different crosses (Dismas, Jesus, Gestas) on the wheels and all 3 must be in the spotlights in a certain order. The order is:
- Short white cross on the left spotlight (Dismas).
- Long white cross on the top spotlight (Jesus).
- Black cross on the right spotlight (Gestas).
Here’s the correct order to rotate the 4 levers/wheels on the puzzle to move the crosses. I am labeling the levers from 1 to 4, 1 being the leftmost one near the door and 4th being the rightmost one. See the image below for the numbering.
- Rotate wheel/lever number 1 one turn to the right (clockwise).
- Rotate wheel/lever number 3 two turns to the left (counter-clockwise).
- Rotate wheel/lever number 4 one turn to the right (clockwise).
- Rotate wheel/lever number 2 one turn to the left (counter-clockwise).
- Rotate wheel/lever number 4 two turns to the right (clockwise).
- Rotate wheel/lever number 3 one turn to the right (clockwise).
Sam or Nate will make a remark that this must be it once you finish. Go ahead and pull the switch in the wall near the door. If you did everything fine, a cutscene will begin which shows the bucket spilling at the top and the water traveling into the door mechanism opening it.
Video guide for solving this Uncharted 4 Cross Wheel Puzzle
If you want more Uncharted tutorials, check our whole Uncharted Guides section!